Who We Are!

Rashtriya Swabhiman echoes best in the words of its founder, “There is no swabhimaan or dignity in being dependent on others. To emerge as the next super power, we need to work on development across the country by making them self sufficient and self reliant.”

We are a voluntary NGO – the brain-child of Dr. Sahib Singh Verma – that took shape in 1998 under the society registration act 1860 ( registration no. 35091 ) by the collective efforts of eminent social workers, educationists and ex-service personnel with an aim to work primarily towards the betterment of the rural India by providing them with equal opportunities.

India has been projected to be a super power by 2020, with majority of the efforts by only 30% of the population that lives in the cities and has access to better education, infrastructure and opportunities. Can you imagine where India could be if the rest 70% were to be provided with a similar platform? Therefore, we focused on bringing the 70% of our population that lives in the villages at par with the other 30%, not by offering money, but by offering education, health care, basic infrastructure and economically sustainable and self-reliant programs that would adequately equip them to face a brighter future.

Mission Statment

The mission of Rashtriya Swabhiman is to empower the Indian Rural Sector by providing superior educational, medical, infrastructural facilities to offer equal opportunities and eventually creating a stronger India and a self reliant, dignified majority.


At Rashtriya Swabhiman, our vision is to contribute in India's emergence as the next super power with an over-all growth in terms of equality, opportunities, literacy and facilities.


Integrity in all our relationships and partnerships through honest, transparent and equitable interactions.

Respect in ensuring equality for all people of diverse backgrounds, realities in learning to understand and respect one another.

Empowerment to facilitate the implementation of new initiatives that will promote our mission and vision.

Accountability in ensuring responsible actions and behaviours, while being true to our values in all our relationships, policies and decisions.